Phlebotomy Technician I
A Vocational School You can Afford and Trust since 1989.
- Cost of Program (includes Registration, Books/Equipment, Scrubs, Tuition, National Certification Exam & State of California License Fee):
- Course offered in class – $2,295
- 6 week program/100 clock hours/4.2 Credit Hours.
Why Study at HSTI?
HealthStaff Training Institute is the right choice for your future. You can balance work, family and school with our short term course. Our curriculum is updated continuously in order to best educate our students to meet the needs of today’s employers.
Career Opportunities for Phlebotomist
In California, Phlebotomy Technicians are in high demand. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for Phlebotomy Technicians is projected to grow 24.4% percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
The Phlebotomy Technician program at HealthStaff Training Institute prepares our graduates for employment in a Clinical Laboratory, Hospital, Clinic, Medical Group, Research Company, Mobile Insurance Examiner, or Physician’s Office.
Interested in working in the rewarding field of healthcare?
A Career That Makes a Difference
The Health Staff Training Institute’s Phlebotomy Technician I certificate are designed to train students with the skills and knowledge to perform skin and Venipuncture procedures in a safe clinical environment. This course is approved by the California Department of Health Services, Laboratory Field Services Division and upon successful completion of the course the student will have national certification as well as State of California Certification as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician I.
The Health Staff Training Institute’s students receive instruction in the procedures of Phlebotomy and are required to participate in a 40 to 80 hour externship in an approved facility. Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Technician I program, students will take the national Certification Exam, and upon passing the National Exam will have their documentation submitted to the state for State Certification/License.
Our training helps students be a vital asset to any healthcare or medical facility where Phlebotomy takes place.
In the Phlebotomy Technician I program, you’ll learn:
- Safety Universal Precaution & Infection Control.
- Anatomy & Medical Terminology.
- Proper Identification of Patient & Specimens.
- Selection & Preparation of Skin Puncture.
- Blood Collection Equipment.
- Post Puncture Care & Proper Disposal of Sharps & Waste
- Advanced Infections Disease Control
- Anticoagulation Theory
- Pre-analytical Services of Error in Specimen collection, Transport, Processing, & Storage.
- Anatomical Site Selection & Patient Preparation.
- Risk Factors, Complications, & Response to Complications.
- Test Requisition, Specimen Transport Processing, Problems & Correction.
- Communication Skills & Professional Behavior
- Ethical & Legal Implications
- Quality Assurance
There will be Lab time for Skin Punctures & Venipunctures prior to your mandatory externship.
For more information about our Phlebotomy Technician I program, call today to create your new tomorrow or fill out the short form.