Medical Billing & Coding
A Vocational School You can Afford and Trust since 1989.
- Cost of Program (includes Registration, Books/Equipment, & Tuition):
- Course offered Hybrid/Online/In-class – $5,995
- 12-week program/240 clock hours/15.0 Credit Hours
In the Medical Billing & Coding program, you’ll learn:
HSTI’s Medical Billing & Coding program is designed to provide the student with the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully perform multifaceted functions in a doctor’s office. Knowledge of insurance providers is emphasized along with medical terminology, anatomy, and the training to perform basic techniques in billing and coding. Students are taught:
- Medical Office Etiquette & Ethics.
- Career Management & Communication Skills.
- Medisoft and other computer programs.
- Coding Techniques for CPT.
- Coding Techniques for ICD-9 & ICD-10.
- Completion of the HCFA 1500 form.
Career Opportunities for a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
HealthStaff Training Institute prepares you with the skills and knowledge to become a vital asset to any healthcare organization. The Medical Billing & Coding program at HealthStaff Training Institute prepares our graduates for a position in Medical Offices, Medical Billing Service Companies, Hospitals, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Clinics, Home Health Agencies, and Insurance Companies.
Increase Demand for Medical Billing & Coding Professionals
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for medical records and health information technicians is projected to grow 21 percent between 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations. If you are interested in working in the rewarding field of healthcare, and enjoy helping others, Medical Billing & Coding may be the career path for you.
For more information about our Medical Billing & Coding program, call today to create your new tomorrow or fill out the short form.